First Moore Global Missions
Check out what our missionaries are doing globally! At First Moore, we want to make a difference by telling everyone about the love God has for us. We have year-round mission opportunities locally, across the United States, and around the world.
Mission opportunities in oklahoma
Tutoring of inner-city children.
Sharing the gospel with individuals at the Oklahoma County Jail.
A hands and feet ministry to the homeless.
2016 Mission Opportunities
Date to be set- We will be working with a local house church which has been given permission to share the Gospel in nearby public schools. Pastor Ricardo Abdiel has begun an after-school program as a follow-up to the time spent at the schools. He is also actively seeking to reach the native Mayan peoples in the Chiriquí region and plant a church. Project cost TBD; team size will be 8-10
October 20-27- Participants on this project will partner with Little Ones Ministries and work specifically in the Hope Center feeding children and doing community projects. This family-oriented project encourages team members to develop relationships and strengthen the outreach of the church. Project cost is $1600; minimum team size is 10.
November 6-12- Reaching Souls International will be conducting an in-depth training conference for the 300 National Pastors of Cuba. First Moore is sponsoring 50 of these pastors during 2016. Selected team members will conduct this intensive training to further equip the secret church of Cuba. Project cost is $3000; maximum team size is 12; registration due by July 15.
November 13-19- This mission encounter will allow participants to witness first hand, the impact of our long term ministry partner Reaching Souls International. Team members will visit the homes and churches of National Missionaries and see the harvest as it takes place. The project cost is $3000; registration deadline is August 1; maximum team size is 12.
Dec. 29-Jan. 5- We are partnering with Little Ones Ministries in the ongoing work of Corinto. This will be a construction and evangelism project. Focusing on families with children we will personalize a house for their needs. After working on the home we will spend the afternoons reaching the lost and strengthening the local church through the LOM Hope Center. Project cost is $1725; team size is 15-20 members.
Date TBD- Beginning in 2016, we will be partnering with a new church growth movement the Welsh people themselves have started. We will be involved in the public schools, evangelism through recreation programs and music, as well as training of local church members.
If you would like to talk about any of these trips or would like more information, please e-mail Bill VanBuskirk!
Suggestions for Support Letter
- Begin your letter with an introduction, greeting and thanks for the relationship you share with the recipient.
- Let them know you are led to the mission field through your strong desire to be obedient to the great commission.
- Tell the reader where you are going, who you will be partnering with, who you will be attempting to reach, for the Lord, why there is a need, what you will be doing and how you will be serving that community and people.
- Include information about the area or people which will help the reader feel connected to the project.
- Share the cost of the trip and any deadlines which are present.
- Ask the donor to partner with you through prayer and giving.
- Close by again giving thanks for what the relationship you have with the reader means to you and your spiritual growth.
Throughout the Bible the body of Christ has supported missionaries in this manner, be confident in the Lord’s provision. The missionaries typically worked as they went, so don’t rely on a support letter as the only means to fund your project. Find a means to add to your resources by other opportunities you create. The apostle Paul was a tent maker.