Sisters Abiding in Light and Truth - The Women’s Ministry of First Moore
- We believe the most important word in this mission statement is abide. Everything comes from abiding in Jesus. Jesus says (John 15:5) “…if you remain (or abide) in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit: apart from me you can do nothing.”
- We believe we will not accomplish anything that our hearts truly long for or desire apart from abiding daily with Jesus and living life together with other believers. The goal of this women’s ministry is to discover what it means to abide in Jesus and together encourage the women around us to discover the great hope, joy, light, life, and freedom that comes from daily abiding with Him and following Him together into the abundant life He offers.
Our "Giving Thanks & Giving Back" luncheon will be November 12 from 11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. We will host residents from the City Rescue Mission for a home-cooked Thanksgiving lunch and shopping. For more information, contact Rhonda Hill by e-mail or by phone at (918) 695-9738.
Women's Bible Study is going on through the Fall.
Tuesdays at 9:30 a.m., we meet in the Fellowship Center. The studies for this sessions are:
• The Patriarchs - Beth Moore
• Precept Upon Precept: Revelation Part 3 - Kay Arthur
• Potpourri - various studies, with no homework
Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m., we meet in W202/204. The study for this session is:
• The Armor of God - Priscilla Shirer
Childcare is available on both days.
Contact Joanna Duck at 405-401-7070
for more information.